Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Windows Live Writer supports Blogger

 

Today I learned that I can use Windows Live Writer to post to Blogger. The reason I want to is because it may be the easiest way to post code in the blog. Yesterday I tried using the hosted version of SyntaxHighlighter, but it didn’t go as smoothly as I expected. When I tried to add the following code within the post, Blogger rejected it.

<script class="brush: html" type="syntaxhighlighter">
<![CDATA[
<script class="brush: html" type="syntaxhighlighter">
<![CDATA[
<b>Hello world.</b>
]]>
</script>
]]>
</script>



It obviously wasn’t ignoring the script tags that were in the code to be posted. So now I’m trying WLW with the Insert Code plugin. WLW took way too long to install (~30 minutes including restart), but installing plugins is pretty quick. I installed a Picasa plugin while I was at it, so I can share this:



It’s an old picture, but my daughter still loves those baby swings.

1 comment:

  1. The code looked better in the preview. I guess WLW wasn't such an easy option after all

    ReplyDelete